List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Hey kernel hackers, this is worth a read.
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-07-31 4:06:27

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> http://features.linuxtoday.com/stories/8191.html
>
> A story on upcoming plans for the Linux 2.4 kernel.  Since they're
> going after a lot of the same performance goals we are, it's worth a
> read.

It seems to me that a lot of the features mentioned are already in
-CURRENT and some in -STABLE.  Hmm.  I rather liked this paragraph:

   Users who connect to Windows shares via SMB will be pleased that there
   is no longer a compile time option for enabling bug workarounds for
   Win9x. Instead, Linux 2.4 will be able to detect the type of machine
   it is connected to and react accordingly. This will make Linux a much
   better option overall in homogenous networks.

:^)

- alex

You wear guilt,
like shackles on your feet,