List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: docs for 3Com 3C515-TX NIC?
From:       Steve Price <sprice () hiwaay ! net>
Date:       1999-07-30 23:36:41

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Guy Helmer wrote:

# Have you tried booting with the "-v" flag to see the driver's probe
# messages?  Did you configure the card using the configuration "pnp"
# commands before the kernel starts booting?  For example,

I did the former but not the latter.  I'll stick it in a
machine here at home (right after dinner) and give it a
try.

# config> pnp 1 0 irq0 9 port0 0x360 enable os
#
# did the trick for me on a 3.2 system.  When I did an install of FreeBSD
# 3.2 on a machine with a 3C515, I was pleasantly surprised when sysinstall
# captured this config command and wrote it to the kernel.conf file for
# future boots.
#
# Anyway, the card is mostly the same as the Vortex (if_vx.c driver) but
# with some ports changed.  Sorry, I don't happen to have tech docs for the
# card.

Thanks for the hints.  If I have to change anything to get it
to work I'll send you some diffs.

-steve