List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    HOWTO: FreeBSD with integrated IPv6
From:       Martti Kuparinen <kuparine () cc ! hut ! fi>
Date:       1999-07-30 11:36:56

Hi!

As I promised earlier, here is some information how to
integrate KAME and PAO into the FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE
source tree.

The current status is:

- FreeBSD+KAME
    - no conflicts during merge
    - "make world" is working
    - systems are up and running without any problems :-)

- FreeBSD+PAO
    - no conflicts during merge
    - hasn't been tested (because I need IPv6)

- FreeBSD+KAME+PAO
    - one conflict during merge (if_ed.c) but it's trivial to fix
    - hasn't been tested (I didn't have time to test this)

- "make release" hasn't been tested (could some test this in
  FREEBSD+KAME and FREEBSD+KAME+PAO and report if it's not
  working)

- disk usage is not optimized at all (current requirement
  with all the working files is about 1 GB !!)

- we have been using this internally for awhile now and it seems to
  work quite well (although it's slow :-)

The document, configuration files and scripts can be
found at

        http://www.hut.fi/~kuparine/papers/kame/kame.html

Comments, improvements, patches etc. are welcome. I'll be on vacation
so I won't be reading my Ericsson mails until September 6th (but you
can send email to my HUT-address).

Have fun and welcome to the wonderful world of IPv6!

Martti

PS. Should we setup a cvsup server somewhere (not in the USA) which would
    have these branches? KAME people, what do you say of having such a
    service in one of your servers?

---
Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@ericsson.com>
http://www.hut.fi/~kuparine/