List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    3.2-19990630-STABLE: ATAPI 1.1: unknown phase
From:       "David E. Cross" <crossd () cs ! rpi ! edu>
Date:       1999-06-30 21:52:25

The error message in the subject (atapi 1.1: unknown phase) has plagued me
for some time... everything still works, it just displays that error on
the first access to the disk... untill today.  Today I am trying to install
FreeBSD 3.2  (19990630) from CDROM.  It hangs on probing devices (likely
acd0), however if I boot to the system already there (this is an upgrade,
the system was originally installed via NFS) I can access the CDROM
with only the aforementioned "warning".  Any ideas?

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Systems Administrator/Research Programmer | Web: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd