List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: graphic tablet experiecne ?
From:       Nick Hibma <nick.hibma () jrc ! it>
Date:       1998-09-30 9:07:48

 > >does anyone have experience with graphic tablets -- particularly with
 > >cheap serial units ?

If you have the exact model number I can try and have a look in the ARC
view manual.

If you have a fax number I can mail you an example of a graphic tablet
we had in my old Unit. That was a very strange encoding but in the end I
got it to work. Would take me some time to figure out though.

Nik

 > No experience, but I have poked around a bit in case I needed to
 > implement some touchscreen support.
 >
 > >i have tried one (a kid's model, "Wacky pad") and it seems not to talk
 > >any protocol recognized by moused. This one seems to talk at 9600,
 > >emits 5-byte strings with some strange absolute coordinate encoding
 > >which i managed to translate into a reasonable x,y format with a little
 > >bit of debugging, but i am wondering if there is some standard about
 > >this.
 >
 > Is there anything like it in the supported mice for XFree86 ?
 >
 > Robert

building: 27A
address:  STA-ISIS, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy
tel.:     +39 332 78 9549
fax.:     +39 332 78 9185