List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    ccd & disklabel
From:       Ian Kallen <ian () gamespot ! com>
Date:       1998-06-30 23:29:57

After ccd'ing together two of my 4 st19191n's (9 gig barracuda's), sd1 &
sd2 as ccd0, I went to slice and label the other two, sd3 & sd 4, and,
being lazy as I am, did it in sysinstall.  Nothing seemed unusual there
but when I could neither newfs those two ccd'd together, as ccd1, nor
individually I looked at the disklabels.  The latter two labels were
totally different from the first two so, being lazy as I am, I dumped the
disklabel from sd1 (which is functionally identical to sd2) and restored &
edited that onto sd3 & sd4.  I'm currently newfs'ing ccd1 which is built
of sd3 & sd4 but this difficulty with the disklabels has me concerned.
I'm using 2.2.6 on this installation though it's about to get wiped in
favor of current & CAM...  is it voodoo?

--
Fascinating is a word I use for the unexpected.
		-- Spock, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5