List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    how does the CD-R filesystem work?
From:       Omar Thameen <omar () clifford ! inch ! com>
Date:       1998-03-31 22:32:32

Hi,

I started this out on -questions, then tried -hardware, but no responses.
I'm trying to get an idea of how the whole CD-R procedure works on a
general level.

Say I'm using one of the supported CD-R drives and I wanted to archive
logs.  Are the CD-Rs multisession?  That is, can I write a set of files
to the CD-R today, and then write another set tomorrow?

Am I correct in concluding that the cdrecord program is for making
copies of existing CDs and so cannot be used for archiving files as
described above?

Thanks,
Omar