List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Interest in...
From:       Warner Losh <imp () village ! org>
Date:       1998-03-31 5:14:32

..../usr/share/syscons/keymaps/us.ncd.kbd?

I have an old NCD keyboard connected to a portable (the Libretto) and
have worked out the scan codes for it to work with both X and
syscons.  It won't work with the BIOS very well (you can type letters,
as those scan codes are the same, but many of the function keys are
different than standard PC keyboards).  Any interest in bloating the
tree with this?

However, there is one minor problem.  There are two keys that seem to
act as a "prefix" which changes the meaning of other keys.  It appears
from looking at the translation table in syscons.c that this is due to
the scan codes being generated.  So maybe I'll have to hack this at a
very low level to get things working correctly.  Too bad there is no
way to set this state table from userland...  That would make adding
other, virtual keyboards much easier...

Comments?

Warner