List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Keyboard mappings and Emacs (was Re: Proposal )
From:       Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon () ve7tcp ! ampr ! org>
Date:       1998-03-29 20:40:57

For Emacs I use the following in my .emacsrc:

(global-set-key "\C-h" 'delete-backward-char)
(global-set-key "\M-?" 'help-command)

This makes both ^H and DEL do the "delete previous character" things,
and I remap help to ESC-?. Works great in that it doesn't mess with
my terminal-specific ^H/DEL settings in my login rc files (and emacs
is consistent everywhere).

--lyndon