List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: PCMCIA on FreeBSD2.2.1
From:       Terry Lambert <terry () lambert ! org>
Date:       1997-07-31 19:52:01

> > Also, the computer uses a DataBook DB86082 PCMCIA controller chip.  I
> > looked thru the PCMCIA support code and did not find any mention of this
> > chip, so I am wondering if it is supported.   I have the data sheets and
> > some diagnostic/test/development software for the chip (runs under dos),
> > so I would be willing to put some work into adding support for the chip
> > to the existing PCMCIA code if necessary.

There are actually 5 PCMCIA chipsets, 2 of which are popular (there
are more than 5, but they emulate one of the 5 command sets).  The
DataBook is one of the unpopular ones.

I believe there was ENPIC (PCMCIA interface chipset enabler) code
for the DataBook at the DataBook www site (at least it was there
at one time).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---