List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    PLIP
From:       Gabor Kincses <gabor () acm ! org>
Date:       1997-07-31 1:08:28

Hi,

I have successfully brought up the FreeBSD version of the lpt0 interface
with -link0 flag and was wondering if I could connect my laptop running
Win95 to the FreeBSD box.  Looking at the pertinent info it seems that
the lpt0 driver is quite a "home-grown" development, ie.
interoperability with other systems is quite limited.  Is this because
Micro$oft does not release it's parallel line protocols?

Also is running nfs over two lpt0 interfaces a reasonable networking
solution between two FreeBSD boxes?  ftp reported ~80kbps and the
hardware is cheap, I mean free.

--
Gabor Kincses
(gabor@acm.org)