List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Monitor shadows?
From:       j () uriah ! heep ! sax ! de (J Wunsch)
Date:       1997-06-30 4:47:02

As John S. Dyson wrote:

> Video is a very different animal.  You can get by with fairly long cables,
> IF and only IF you match the impedance of the cable and driving/receiving
> devices.

Needless to say that this is almost impossible to get with these
crappy VGA connectors that are so `modern' these days.  I really
wonder why the industry didn't adopt something like the Sun solution
when the VGA cards grew up to the dot-clock range of 100 or even 200
MHz.  The DB-15 might have been appropriate for 28 MHz, but it can
only lose in this respect at the higher frequencies.

(No, i don't wonder.  It's PeeCee, they always continue the currently
used solution, however crappy it might be.  See IDE.  See ISA ``PnP''.)

--
cheers, J"org