List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Tcl loadable packages
From:       Narvi <narvi () haldjas ! folklore ! ee>
Date:       1997-06-29 19:58:17

I included the to-be port as an attacment. It currently installs the
script (one line :-)) in ${PREFIX}/libdata.

as for ../lib/tcl/site_tcl/..., it seems a bit unnceesarily too long.

How about lib/tcl_packages? The hiercharchy would look like:

	lib/tcl_packages
	lib/tcl_packages/package_1
	lib/tcl_packages/package_2
	lib/tcl_packages/package_3
	.
	.
	.
	lib/tcl_packages/package_xyz

All of these would contain a mandatory load script (named just load?) that
would load the appropriate package (and possibly any dependancies).

Version dependance - well, there realy is not much we can do. We could, of
course, have the load files have ineligence enough to load the right
library if present (but if not, etc.)

Just my view.

	Sander

	There is no love, no good, no happiness and no future -
	all these are just illusions.

["random.tgz" (APPLICATION/octet-stream)]