List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Be net friendly, add an 'abuse' alias to the distributed aliases file
From:       Terry Lambert <terry () lambert ! org>
Date:       1997-06-27 15:43:46

> > > Thats probably the longest subject I've ever had 8)
> > >
> > > Just a thought.. why dont we add an 'abuse' alias to the default aliases
> > > file, since its becoming a pretty standard address (like postmaster, and
> > > whatnot).
> >
> > See RFC2142.
>
> Where can I find this RFC, I searched with altavista and opentext,
> but couldn't find it.

RFC 2142: MAILBOX NAMES FOR COMMON SERVICES, ROLES AND FUNCTIONS

ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2142.txt
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc2142.html

Here is the list:

INFO		Marketing		Packaged information about the
					organization, products, and/or
					services, as appropriate
MARKETING	Marketing		Product marketing and
					marketing communications
SALES		Sales			Product purchase information
SUPPORT		Customer Service	Problems with product or
ABUSE		Customer Relations	Inappropriate public behaviour
NOC		Network Operations	Network infrastructure
SECURITY	Network Security	Security bulletins or queries
POSTMASTER	SMTP			[RFC821], [RFC822]
HOSTMASTER	DNS			[RFC1033-RFC1035]
USENET		NNTP			[RFC977]
NEWS		NNTP			Synonym for USENET
WEBMASTER	HTTP			[RFC 2068]
WWW		HTTP			Synonym for WEBMASTER
UUCP		UUCP			[RFC976]
FTP		FTP			[RFC959]

Mailing lists:

LIST					Submission mailbox
LIST-REQUEST				Administrative mailbox
LIST-SPECIFIC				Required for specific list
LIST-SPECIFIC-REQUEST			Required for specific list

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---