List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: POSIX Conformance
From:       "Pedro Giffuni S." <pgiffuni () fps ! biblos ! unal ! edu ! co>
Date:       1996-10-30 23:08:30

Jonathan Lemon wrote:

> Without knowing which version the NIST code requires, I'd be a little
> leery of just going in and attempting a port.

Why not ask NIST? I already sent the address two times. but here it goes
again:
Martha Gray <gray@sst.ncsl.nist.gov>

What REALLY worries me is that their test suite must run UNMODIFIED,
which may mean FreeBSD should start being modified right away. Having a
port is an excellent idea, as every future release must be checked, but
it cannot be modified.

Pedro.