List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Removeable disks on 2.1.5
From:       moeding () bn ! DeTeMobil ! de (Stefan Moeding)
Date:       1996-08-30 11:31:51

Hi!

I'm running 2.1.5-RELEASE on system with Adaptec 2940, Syquest 5150
(88MB) removeable disk drive and an HP 1536 Streamer.

Two questions:

1. The Syquest is attached to the uk-driver. Is anyone working on the
   driver code? Does the sd-driver support removeable disks?

2. I get kernel error messages 'device offline' when doing a 'mt status'
   without a tape in the drive. It's a tape drive, so I would say that
   offline is not exactly an error state. Any comments?

Thanks,
Stefan