List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: kernel assertions (Rev. 1)
From:       Michael Hancock <michaelh () cet ! co ! jp>
Date:       1996-08-01 6:06:39

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, David Leonard wrote:

> Looking at it again, I think it would raise the readability (and hence
> learnability/searchability(?)) of the FreeBSD source tree no end! In some ways,

You can write a utility that searches all the files in the source tree and
prints out a specification for you like the following ...

void
bremfree(struct buf * bp)

   REQUIRE("that bp points to something", bp != NULL);

   ENSURE( "that the buffer is no longer queued",
		bp->b_qindex == QUEUE_NONE );

How's that for documentation?

Regards,

Mike Hancock