List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    [Fwd: Re: Real Audio Player]
From:       Tony Tam <ttam () mail ! iidpwr ! com>
Date:       1996-07-31 23:22:12

Yours truly,

Tony Tam
Imperial Irrigation District
P.O. BOX 937
Imperial, CA 92251
USA

Tel: 619-339-9454
FAX: 619-339-9189

E-Mail: ttam@iidpwr.com

Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:03:02 -0700
From: Tony Tam <ttam@iidpwr.com>
To: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject: Re: Real Audio Player

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Did anybody try the Real Audio Player for FreeBSD?
>
> Yep!  Works great for me, though I'm using a GUS MAX.

     Yep! I got it working too, after I compiled my kernel with sbxvi
(sound blaster 16 dsp) and sbmidi (sound blaster 16 midi) drivers. Thank
You.

     By the way, could you tell me what is the difference between sb,
sbxvi, and sbmidi drivers.

     I just upgraded my FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE to 2.1.5-RELEASE. It seems
Netscape 3.0 is running faster now. Any significant change I should
know?

     One thing I would like to have is a hard-disk-adding utility. The
utility would let the users to partition, label, and make file system
for any hard disks. The sysinstall is closed; however, it only let the
users work on the bootable disk.