List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: your mail
From:       Amancio Hasty <hasty () rah ! star-gate ! com>
Date:       1996-07-31 0:08:45

Unless he has a creative way of handling lots of mpeg files , then I doubt
that he needs such a mechanism for transversing directories.

I believe what the original poster was after is to eliminate
caching mpeg files in memory which doesn't bother me that much.
I supposed that for mpeg2 , to conserve memory or a video server this is
important;however, for mpeg1 requiring a 150KB stream is hardly worth
doing.

The first thing I would try to do is to spec out the system:
1. cost
2. cpu
3. memory
4. disks / controllers