List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    /etc/group
From:       Charlie ROOT <root () inner ! cortx ! com>
Date:       1996-07-30 12:12:41

I am having a problem with groups in FreeBSD.  I have a group 'user' and
i seem to have broke it.  I think itsbecause the line buffer in
/etc/group cannot exceed 1024 characters.

So i tried adding a new group called 'user' also, with different GID but
i get an error when i run the adduser script along wiht other errors.

ex...
inner /home/staff/costa>adduser
(c) Copyright 1995 Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Use option ``-silent'' if you don't want see all warnings & questions.

	Check /etc/shells
	Check /etc/master.passwd
	User news: illegal shell: ``/nonexistent''
	User xten: illegal shell: ``/nonexistent''
	User ftp: illegal shell: ``/dev/null''
	Check /etc/group
	Groupname exist twice: user:1109 ->  user:101

How do i resolve the problem?  Right now i addusers into their own group
(jim:*:1239:jim) and its OK.

How do i clean up this mess??

Thanks in advance!
Costa

Costa J Morris - Partner                        Full Service Internet Access
http://www.cortx.com                               Interactive CGI Scripting
costa@cortx.com                                          Internet Consulting
201-567-2297                                                      Web Design