List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    anFreeBSD based job going..
From:       Julian Elischer <julian>
Date:       1996-07-26 22:38:42

if you fit the following description..

understand sockets, routing, freebsd initialisation etc..
can use awk. Once used yacc for something..
find working a pain because it interferes with hacking
and anyway you can't get anything done these days because
you spend the whole day answering people's inane questions
(e.g. "what are the arguments to tar?")

Could do with spending some time in San Francisco
(FreeBSD-central) and get payed for it..
AND
you think I might have seen your name around the lists enough to
know that you know what you are talking about, then
there are three opennings here at whistle..
1/ we need people urgently, so starting on a quick contract would be possible
for a short while.
2/ we need people in the long run, so if you're looking for work.....

kind of work..
that depends but what I'm seeing around here now.....
getting appletalk to run well with freebsd
ditto samba
ditto mail agents
ditto news server stuff
ditto web servers etc.
java
system admin stuff.

possibly device drivers
possibly mbone stuff
CGI stuff.

We're swamped now with work so please help (and get payed)

we're even open to:
I'll port package X and support it for $xxxx + $yy per hour
type of things..
if there's enough interest we can make a list of those things we need,
but they probably need to be running in our own (slightly different)
environment.. so it would be hard unless you have spare machines to dedicate
to this.. however we certainly would like to know who is expertr in
what packages so we can use them (and pay them) when we have specific
problems..

resumes are required for those that I haven't seen evidence of work
from, but if you've been contributing and are known in  BSD land
then  we have a "fast track" we can use..

julian

send email to julian@freebsd.org or julian@whistle.com