List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Asynchronous IO - Posix AIO
From:       Dave Chapeskie <dchapes () zeus ! leitch ! com>
Date:       1996-07-26 19:22:01

    I have need of an AIO subsystem and have been thinking about how I
might do a partial Posix AIO implementation under FreeBSD.  Has
anyone else given this any thoughts?

    Would this best be done via a user side library, via new system
calls, via a mix of both, etc.  Any thoughts on this would be greatly
appreciated.

[Please cc me directly if you reply to this mailing list as I
 often miss things on the mailing list]
--
Dave Chapeskie
Leitch Technology International Inc.