List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: X.25 revisited
From:       dennis () etinc ! com (Dennis)
Date:       1996-07-25 14:36:57

>> We've just finished re-vamping X.25 for FreeBSD, and now that its a
>> nice clean interface, I want to evaluate possibly modifying the ccitt
>> stuff to work with our LAPB and X.25 stuff. The questions that I
>> have are:
>>
>> 1) Is this worthwhile? Is it  a well-done interface, or does it need to be
>> reworked completely?
>>
>> 2) Is there a terminal server type application available for that interface
>> so X.25 users dialing into a network could access the FreeBSD system,
>> or does this need to be built?
>
>I believe you are looking for an X.29 PAD.

Well, not really....a PAD more describes the caller end rather than the
server end. I'm looking more to service PAD callers from some sort of
emulator. Our (old) SCO driver simulated async ttys and used the
standard gettys...there are several ways to do it.

Just what IS in the ISODE stuff that anyone might want?

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX