List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: anyone working on upgrading the msdosfs to NetBSD levels?
From:       David Greenman <dg () root ! com>
Date:       1996-07-22 7:51:21

>Do we -need- a complete rewrite?  It looks like the current NetBSD version
>is actually in pretty damn good shape.

   We obviously have very different opinions about what "damn good shape"
means. While the NetBSD version on the whole has likely been better
maintained and has fewer bugs, it also appears to lack some important fixes
that we have in our version. In any case, the msdosfs code in both FreeBSD and
NetBSD reminds me of a festering sore, and in my opinion, should be rewritten.
It's going to take far more than just a few patches to make it 'better'.

-DG

David Greenman