List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Are you a programmer?  Do you wear glasses?
From:       Eyeballl () aol ! com
Date:       1996-06-30 23:31:57

No this isn't SPAM and this isn't a marketing letter.  I found a great
discount service for eyewear and I promised my buddy I would send this
information to a few people on the internet.  I was in a newsgroup recently
and saw your comments.  I thought you might be a programmer like me.  If you
are, chances are good you wear glasses.

I wear glasses (as most of us do) and my buddy turned me on to a way of
buying my glasses (my subscription sun glasses, too) at about 50% to 75% of
retail.  No big deal, no money in it for me...I was just thrilled with it and
told him I would pass the word on to anyone I met.  I figured I could help
people the way he helped me...that's what the internet is supposed to be
about, right?

If you do wear glasses and you want more info about how to contact my buddy
to get a discount on your glasses, too, just reply with "send more info
please" to eyeballl@aol.com.  I'll send you some more specifics and a phone
and fax number where you can sign up if you like the plan this guy has.  I
know I do.

It's pretty low-tech...not very exciting... Discount eye glasses.  But, what
the heck, if you wear them, this is a way to pay less for them.

Again, this is not SPAM, this is not some marketing gimmick, this is just a
user of the net, trying to help other net users with a simple discount on a
commodity most of us use.  If I find a great discount on bread or tires, I'll
probably tell people about that stuff, too. :)

See ya later and thanks for reading my message.

Scott
eyeballl@aol.com