List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Mustek/Paragon 6000CX scanner: Any help with SCSI ioctls?
From:       Peter Dufault <dufault () hda>
Date:       1996-05-31 17:59:54

> ..., on the other hand the man pages scsi([34])
> leave a lot to the imagination.  I can probably fight my way through
> (*and* I'm prepared to fix the man pages), but if somebody has
> anything else they can point me to, I'd be very grateful.

If you can find a scsi spec then scsi(3) will make more sense to
you, since it assumes you can figure out what the fields in the
scsi_request structure do based on familiarity with SCSI.  Here is
a url for an HTML one:

http://abekas.com:8080/SCSI2/

It looks almost easy to port that Linux application. You could cut
it in at the "scsi_cmd" call, setting up our scsireq structure and
doing scsireq_enter.  One problem will be figuring out where commands
end and data begins - the Linux interface writes by sending a
command followed by data in one write call and reads by writing
the command and then reading back data. Our interface has command,
command length, data, data length, and direction members in the
structure.

I'll send a sketch privately.

--
Peter Dufault               Real-Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936