List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Has anyone taken a look at the coda file system ? - Reply
From:       DARREND () novell ! com (Darren Davis)
Date:       1996-05-31 15:33:59

Yea, actually I have the source here on my FreeBSD system and have spent
a little time tinkering with it.  I also have it running on my Mach system.
 If I had more time I would do a full scale asault on it for FreeBSD!
The thread problem has struck me as well (Hey, remember when I asked for
a threads package?)  Novell has some interest in Coda, checkout the CMU
copyright.  :-)

Now that I have tipped my hat!

Darren R. Davis
Senior Software Engineer
Novell, Inc.

>>> Martin Heller <mheller@student.uni-kl.de>  5/30  5:46pm >>>
Hi !
Has anyone looked at the coda file system (CFS) from CMU ?
The coda file system is the descendent of the Andrew file system (AFS),
 seems to be compatible with AFS, a makefile for an  NetBSD-i386 client
seems to exist and the source code is ftp-able from their ftp for anyone
  (ftp.cs.cmu.edu) . The cfs server code would probably be the hardest
 thing to adapt to FreeBSD - it relies on CMU Mach threads - , but the
client  side seems to be manageable as there is an Makefile for NetBSD
.