List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: c source grep
From:       "Hr.Ladavac" <lada () ws2301 ! gud ! siemens ! co ! at>
Date:       1996-05-31 8:24:09

In his e-mail Wilko Bulte wrote:
> As John-Mark Gurney wrote...
>
> > I am looking for a utility that will be able to search a source file and
> > it's includes in search of something like a struct of a function
> > declaration...  I'm not sure it such a util exists... if it doesn't I
> > will write one... but I don't want to re-invent the wheel... (almost said
> > invent the wheel :) )...  thanks for your pointers... TTYL..
>
> Sounds a bit like 'cscope'. Is unfortunately licensed AT&T code

According to Keith Bostic:
  Cscope Availability:

  UNIXWare System V Release 4.0 variants such as Sun Solaris 2.x
  (/opt/SUNWspro/bin) have version 11.5, and UNIXWare System V
  Release 4.1 has version 12.10 with an option for much faster
  searching.

  You can buy version 13.3 source with an unrestricted license
  for $400 from AT&T Software Solutions by calling +1-800-462-8146.
  Binary redistribution of cscope is an additional $1500.

A bit stiff, but worth it.  Keith has included support for cscope tags
into his newer versions of nvi.  BTW, nvi is approaching a new release;
I've been testing it and it seems fine.

/Marino