List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Potential f77 bugs
From:       "Steven G. Kargl" <sgk () troutmask ! apl ! washington ! edu>
Date:       1996-05-30 16:46:28

According to Lars Jonas Olsson:

> I do not like the tone of your message.

I apologize if I offended you.

I pointed out a major problem with the current method of handling
Fortran on FreeBSD.  I pointed out that I don't know how to fix the
current implementation.  I have written an alternative solution that
does the right thing.   I have documented the use of the utility I wrote.

I asked you to document your work, and you're offended.  There is no
way a person can know that "f77 -honorcase" translates to "f2c -U"
without looking into the source.  And, of all place they need to look,
they must find the changes in gcc.c.

>  I'm not using Fortran much anyway, so if you think your script is better
> I do not object to you commiting it.
>
> Jonas

It's not a script.  It is C.

--