List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: New version of ccd driver available
From:       "Eric L. Hernes" <erich () lodgenet ! com>
Date:       1996-01-31 17:03:51

Satoshi,
this is way cool.

>  a. Since I didn't know how to properly register a pseudo-device, this
>     baby thinks it's a ISA device (look at kern_devconf and isa_driver
>     and such in ccd.c).  It should be specified like "pseudo-device
>     ccd 4" in the kernel configuration file (like the manual says).

I believe that you must have something like:

#include <sys/kernel.h>

PSEUDO_SET(ccdattach, ccd);

in the source.

then of course remove the isa_* structures and probably ccdprobe().
I think you can remove the `device-driver' clause from sys/conf/files
too.

It uses a linker-set to attach the pseudo devices even before the
isa/pci/eisa bus stuff.  At least thats what if_tun, if_ppp, ...
appear to do.

all of this is from memory, so your mileage may vary.  This
probably isn't too high priority for you now but
hope it helps.

> Satoshi

eric.

--