List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Are you guys serious about FreeBSD?
From:       dennis () etinc ! com (dennis)
Date:       1996-01-31 16:43:34

>Also their web server is very popular so if we can convert them to
>use FreeBSD it will be fantastic!
>
>    Go For It !
>    Amancio
>
>From: pierce@diamondmm.com (John R Pierce)
>Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
>Subject: switching from linux to freeBSD...
>Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 22:21:24 GMT
>
>I'm managing a internet server thats currently running Linux.  Its
>just a DNS/SENDMAIL/INN server, it has 32MB ram, and is a Pentium 90.
>The system has been SO flakey, I've been thinking of trying FreeBSD
>instead.
>
>hardware: triton based PCI Pentium 90, 32MB ram.  Adaptec 2940 with 2
>x 1GB and 1 x 3.8GB drives (/, /var, and /usr2/spool for news).  3C509
>e-net card.  s3 vga, but don't need/want xwindows, its a server.
>
>This is a online server for 100's of users (our corporate internet
>main server), so it can't be offline for very long...  it handles
>1000's of mail messages a day (like maybe 10,000!)... Its the primary
>domain name server...   its handling a almost full newsfeed (that can
>go down w/o a big problem).

Take a look at www.etinc.com/server.htm. Its very close to your system,
although we have dual PCI ethernet cards. Solid as a rock.

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX