List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: help with splbio, splnet, spl...
From:       Bruce Evans <bde () zeta ! org ! au>
Date:       1995-03-31 16:39:08

>Not sure if it is related to the way that interrupt is being handle..
>Why is the boot sequence slower than 1.1.5?
>  I mean going out and recognizing the devices that are attached
>  to the system, etc..

It's not related.  There are more drivers now :-).

Personally I don't notice any delays except for the SCSI drivers.  I
temporarily have 2 SCSI controllers installed, and need SCSI_DELAY=8 to
get the cdrom recognized, while in 1.1.5 I didn't need SCSI_DELAY
because the ultrastor driver was too broken to miss it.  The BIOS has
similar delays, so it takes almost 90 seconds to boot, while a clunky
IDE system takes only 15 seconds.

Bruce