List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: 950322-SNAP adaptec AHA-2940 pci card
From:       moto () CS ! cmu ! edu
Date:       1995-03-31 15:00:34

Hi,

>>>>> "Justin" == Justin T Gibbs <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

Justin> I'm trying to
Justin> compile a list of SCSI periferals that are working with the
Justin> driver.  Can you send me a list of what you are running so I
Justin> can add them in?

I found an interesting fact. As I already have reported, I had to
decrease the transfer rate to 8Mb/s at least to make the hard drive
boot and even with 5Mb/s transfer rate I'm experiencing an annoying
"sd0 timeout". These problems are with Micropolis 4221 (2.0G, Fast
SCSI II, 512K cache, 7200rpm). But when I replace it with HITACHI
DK312C (250M, SCSI I, 3600rpm?, old and slow), the problems above
disappeared! No timeout anymore and can happily live with 10Mb/s
transfer rate. I'm going to get a Seagate Barracuda I pretty soon, so
I'm going to test with that drive too when it comes.

Motonori Shindou       Carnegie Mellon University       SCS Graduate Student
              e-mail: moto@cs.cmu.edu,  NiftyServe: GEG04056
WWW: http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001:/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/moto/WWW/moto-home.html
                   TEL: 412-362-9636   FAX: 412-362-9634