List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: It's time to release..  The worms!  Hahahahaha!
From:       Joe Greco <jgreco () brasil ! moneng ! mei ! com>
Date:       1994-12-30 0:29:03

> Could check for the existence of /usr/bin, if not there, mount /usr.  Still
> I would have thought you would have needed to start the network, first!
>
> Boyd

You're right, I was thinking of totally-diskless (which I happen to be
working on, as we speak).

By the way, someone pass the funny looking hat, I used Sun tar to extract
the bindist on my SunOS box, and it dropped all the character special
devices - I ended up with all sorts of 0-byte reg files all over /dev.
Thing is, I didn't notice for quite a while...  :-)  Was quite interesting,
as I could _see_ that it was getting into init, but it was just hanging..

... Joe