List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    issue playing video using mpv
From:       "Dr. Amr Osman" <dr3mro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-11-21 10:51:22

Hello,
I have freebsd 14.0-release with xfce 2023Q4
the issue is when I start video playback using mpv I get the video
full screen in another tty and  if i quit I will be on the empty tty
and I have switch tty to return to desktop
it wont work in window mode except if I set vo=x11
after a fresh boot it works fine for the first launch only which might
indicate its a software bug not related to my config
I Use thinkpad  x270 with intel 620 gpu and i915 kmod from the ports
tree (2023Q4)
here is the terminal output
---
 (+) Video --vid=1 (msmpeg4v2 720x480 29.970fps)
 (+) Audio --aid=1 (mp3 2ch 44100Hz)
libEGL warning: DRI3: Screen seems not DRI3 capable
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
[vo/gpu/opengl] Suspected software renderer or indirect context.
[vo/gpu/drm] VT_GETMODE failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
[vo/gpu/drm] Failed to set up VT switcher. Terminal switching will be
unavailable.
WARNING: Kernel has no file descriptor comparison support: No such
file or directory
AO: [oss] 44100Hz stereo 2ch s32
VO: [gpu] 720x480 yuv420p
AV: 00:00:02 / 00:01:00 (4%) A-V: -0.000

Exiting... (Quit)
[vo/gpu/drm] Failed to commit ModeSetting atomic request: Invalid argument
[vo/gpu/drm] Failed to restore previous mode

--

Thank You
Dr. Amr Osman