List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Retiring WITHOUT_CXX
From:       Ed Maste <emaste () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2022-11-16 16:17:21

Reviving an old thread,

On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 at 14:06, Bjoern A. Zeeb
<bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:

> I used to disable [C++ support] in my images but started to need devd
> and that is really the only reason its there currently
>
> #WITHOUT_CXX=   # devd needs it

Now that libc++ is in /lib we don't need to force devd to be
statically linked, and I've opened a review to make that change:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D37409
This will save about 1MB.

I've also refreshed the WITHOUT_CXX retirement review, in
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D33108
WITHOUT_CXX currently turns off all of these options: CLANG LLD LLDB
LLVM_BINUTILS GOOGLETEST OFED OPENMP PMC TESTS
and avoids building these binaries: devd dtc kyua rs users zfsd