List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Help debugging Vultr boot delay...?
From:       Mason Loring Bliss <mason () blisses ! org>
Date:       2022-09-05 15:29:27

On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 05:24:49AM +0100, Jamie Landeg-Jones wrote:

> One thing I didn't try, and that's creating a FreeBSD instance with the
> "q35" system version. (That should happen if you do a manual install from
> an ISO.)

Vultr's data seems to match QEMU as shipped in newish Ubuntu and/or Debian
Testing or backports, so I spun up a hypervisor using Debian backports.
Despite matching the version(s) I can't seem to elicit the same odd
hypervisor probe or the delay during boot, either with the default i440FX
or with Q35.

That said, good idea about trying a -current ISO on Vultr to see if that
responds differently. Thank you.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             mason@blisses.org            Ewige Blumenkraft!
(if awake 'sleep (aref #(sleep dream) (random 2))) -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I