List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Best Practices virtual panel discussion
From:       FreeBSD Core Team Secretary <core-secretary () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2021-04-27 18:25:23

The FreeBSD CORE Team invites you to a Best Practices virtual panel discussion at \
either 1800 UTC on May 12, 2021, or 0200 UTC on May 26, 2021. (We're arranging two \
separate meetings to accommodate attendees in different Time Zones.) The discussion \
will primarily cover how developers can improve code coverage, code testing, code \
review, documentation testing, and ports testing as well as how the Project can \
maintain industry best practices to deliver a secure, high-performing Operating \
System.

We'll have a diverse group of FreeBSD developers, drawing from both ports and src \
contributors, so we hope to hear a wide range of views from within the Project. Our \
moderator, Warner Losh, will lead the panel discussion through several broad topics \
and will monitor IRC for relevant questions or comments from the audience. We are \
still working on the list of participants and will announce it in advance. Meanwhile, \
we invite you to start asking yourself what we do well today as a community, what \
obstacles we face in our current efforts, and what we can strive toward in the \
future.

The goals of these roundtables will be to gather source material for a "FreeBSD Best \
Practices" handbook, to set the general direction for the Project's workflows, and to \
gather requirements for additional tooling needed to expand our exsting CI pipeline \
for pre-commit checks. We'll discuss any open issues in follow-up sessions at the \
Developers' Summit in June.

See https://wiki.freebsd.org/OfficeHours for updates, a link to the agenda, and \
details on how to watch via live stream or participate via an interactive meeting. \
Send questions to the moderator, Warner Losh, at imp@FreeBSD.org.

Thanks! We look forward to seeing you.

Regards,
Moin (bofh), with core-secretary@ hat on