List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: clang vs gcc warning flags (off-topic anecdote)
From:       George Mitchell <george+freebsd () m5p ! com>
Date:       2021-01-06 22:51:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

On 1/6/21 4:34 PM, Ryan Libby wrote:
> [...]
> How I've actually seen "nested externs" used is usually to make
> variables visible without including headers, for one reason or another.=

> [...]

My daughter, who knew quite a bit about programming before going to
college, had an instructor who *insisted* that his students declare
all their external functions inside the function calling them, even
in C code.  It appears he didn't really know C and had only taught
Pascal up to that point.                                 -- George

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]