List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Upgrade of PHP dependent ports
From:       MR <mr () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2020-11-02 12:58:38

This message is in MIME format.

Hi,
once I installed nextcloud when PHP 7.2 was the default.
Now as PHP 7.4 is the default pkg upgrade would pull in php74 packages
but not for nextcloud* packages.
Similar situation is for python or postgres.

I had postgres10-[client|server] installed and pkg upgrade tried
to install postgres12-cliend which of course failed.

Is there a official way to avoid this?

How do others update if the default versions of the underlaying ports changes?

Thanks in advance.

greetings
---
mike mr@freebsd.org

--
greetings
---

["Weitergeleitete Nachricht" (message/rfc822)]

once I installed nextcloud when PHP 7.2 was the default.
Now as PHP 7.4 is the default pkg upgrade would pull in php74 packages
but not for nextcloud* packages.
Similar situation is for python or postgres.

I had postgres10-[client|server] installed and pkg upgrade tried
to install postgres12-cliend which of course failed.

Is there a official way to avoid this?

How do others update if the default versions of the underlaying ports changes?

Thanks in advance.

CU
---
Michael (mr@)