List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: FCP 20190401-ci_policy: CI policy
From:       Lucas_Nali_de_Magalhães <rollingbits () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-10-23 15:09:26

> On Aug 28, 2019, at 1:30 AM, Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> It seems I was doing wrong that just changed the content of this FCP
> to "feedback", but did not send to the right mailing lists.
>
> So I would like to make an announcement that the FCP
> 20190401-ci_policy "CI policy":
>
> https://github.com/freebsd/fcp/blob/master/fcp-20190401-ci_policy.md
>
> is officially in "feedback" state to hopefully receive more comments
> and suggestions, then we can move on for the next FCP state.

Just in case nobody else have thought, I like to share a few ideas:. The CI tries to \
find bugs but usually these are not fatal to the build system: manage them as bugs, \
                instead. I don't know how difficult they are.
- Integrate CI and BTS. Maybe with some automatic filtering and processing.
- Make CI output more noisy by sending emails to ML, author of offending code and \
previous authors of the code modified.

Lc

--
rollingbits — 📧 rollingbits@gmail.com 📧 rollingbits@terra.com.br 📧 \