List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: vm_page_t's do not appear initialized
From:       Austin Shafer <amshafer64 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-02-19 21:34:46

Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> writes:

> I do not know exactly what are you doing, but problems with
> PHYS_TO_VM_PAGE() on the framebuffers pages usually indicate incorrect
> (or missed) usage of the vm_phys_fictitious_reg_range() KPI.

Thanks! That did the trick, I had no idea I needed to call that first.

There are plenty of descriptions of vm pages and objects online, but are
there any docs for the physical allocator portion of virtual memory?
Specifically about vm_phys.c/h? "The design/implementation of FreeBSD"
and the handbook both focus on vm pages.

Thanks again for your help!
       Austin Shafer