List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: bsd android tethering using USB cable - intermittent failure
From:       Matthias Apitz <guru () unixarea ! de>
Date:       2019-02-12 9:15:54

El día Monday, February 11, 2019 a las 02:39:37PM +0100, Julian H. Stacey escribió:

> Hi Matthias & all,
>
> > I think you must not have this interface 'ue0',
>
> Yes, you'r right, thanks, Tethering the smart phone kills
> the adb direct over usb connection, not surprising in retrospect ;-)
>

> > i.e. you must not enable
> > 'rndis' in the gadget. Or use TCP and SSH or ADB, not both. See this
> > life example:
> >
> > I have not set in the BQ:
>
> I presume BQ is your name for your phone type.

Yes. It is an E4.5 produced by the Spanish company BQ.com. It runs an
Ubuntu Touch on top of an Android kernel.

> > android-gadget-service enable rndis
>
> I don't know what file on bsd or android you refer to.  (Fortunately
> android 6 has find & grep (earlier does not)), but I find nothing
> with these:
> On android:
> 	cd /etc;find . -type f -exec grep android-gadget-service {} /dev/null \;
> On current freebsd :
> 	man urndis
> 	cd /usr/src ; find . -type f -exec grep android-gadget-service {} \;

No. This is a shell command in the Ubuntu Touch. I was hoping that
Android has something similar in your device. It enables tethering,
which we don't want to have here in our case of ADB.

> > # ifconfig ue0
> > ifconfig: interface ue0 does not exist
> >
> > attach  E4.5
>
> Too cryptic, not sure what you mean.

I meant: I just pluged-in the USB cable from the E4.5 to my laptop.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
October, 7 -- The GDR was different: Peace instead of Bundeswehr and wars, Druschba