List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Restarting netif, static addressing/routing (was: nosh init system)
From:       Graham Perrin <grahamperrin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-02-11 3:26:38

On 10/02/2019 03:17, Enji Cooper wrote:

 > … Try restarting netif if you have a static route set; it will break
routing (until you restart the routing pseudo service), …

Ha, I imagined that it was _me_ breaking things :-)

Somewhere (on the disk of a notebook that was thrown from a window
(don't ask)) I have a long, probably very messy script that used to help
me regain Internet access after e.g. switching from eduroam to a wired
'staff' network with static addressing.