List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    please help with virtualbox
From:       Wojciech Puchar <wojtek () puchar ! net>
Date:       2018-12-14 23:56:50

i use virtualbox on my own laptop just to run windows 7 from time to time.
No problems.

But today i needed sound. I enabled sound in virtualbox as intel HD sound
emulation. Windows automatically detect "new hardware". Everything seems
fine. But anything i play from windows result in no errors and silence.

Sound under FreeBSD works fine without problems after i've set

dev.hdac.0.polling=1