List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: I'd like to submit a kernel patch for a new sysctl to use EFI instead of ACPI for poweroff + reb
From:       <byuu () tutanota ! com>
Date:       2018-12-11 1:19:37

> Hm, it should.  Oh well!

The tutorial I read said to use "Code Review" on the left, which wasn't there for me \
=/

> > No, it's fine.  We'll make it work.  Thanks.

That's very generous, thank you! If you're ever in Tokyo, I owe you a beer ;)

I'll learn Phabricator for next time. Apologies again.

> First-gen Threadripper (1950x), and newest BIOS version (3.30).  I
> might be misremembering, though — I rarely shut down this machine.
> Usually either reboot or panic -> reboot :-).

Hmm, then it reduces the value of the patch somewhat ... perhaps it's a TR2-only \
issue? Tried 3.20 and 3.30 here.

Well, I already spent two days on this and have wasted enough of your time, to save \
myself five seconds on shutting down ... thank you again! ^-^;