List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Testing requested: Hybrid ISO/USB boot
From:       "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius () dons ! net ! au>
Date:       2018-03-26 2:16:31

> On 24 Mar 2018, at 07:31, Benno Rice <benno@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> I think I've addressed this in this revision:
>
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/331463 \
> <https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/331463>
> And I've regenerated the image here:
>
> https://people.freebsd.org/~benno/hybrid-bootonly-20180323-00.iso.xz \
> <https://people.freebsd.org/~benno/hybrid-bootonly-20180323-00.iso.xz>

Hi Benno,
I tried this image on a Supermicro SYS-5019S-M (X11SSH-Fmotherboard) and it boots \
both ways (USB was via a USB stick, ISO was via the IPMI CD emulation with the Java \
JNLP applet)

The USB way booted legacy and the CD emulation booted UEFI (not sure if that's \
significant).

I also tried renaming it to .img and then telling the JNLP applet it was a hard disk \
image but the BIOS didn't detect it.

It also has a 'Web ISO' option but I can't figure out how you're supposed to enter a \
URL so I couldn't try it.

Thanks for the work!

--
Daniel O'Connor