List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Writing a GEOM class, threads that can or cannot sleep
From:       "Owens, Keith" <Keith.Owens2 () dell ! com>
Date:       2017-08-07 0:03:01

Looking at https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/geom-class/article.html, section \
4.7.

"The event functions are" ... "These functions are called from the g_down kernel \
thread and there can be no sleeping in this context".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the start event goes via g_down.
dumpconf, orphan, spoiled events go via g_event which can sleep.
access can be called from any code on any thread (including g_down) so it must not \
sleep.

What is the process for updating articles?