List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    FreeBSD on NetApp hardware
From:       Bert Kiers <kiersb () xs4all ! net>
Date:       2017-06-28 10:26:23

Hi,

We have some abandoned NetApp 6290 hardware and I want to run FreeBSD on
it.  The original software, OnTap, is also based on FreeBSD.  Somebody
once told me that is is simple, something like "just change the kernel
loader address".  Does anyone have more information about this?  It
would be so cool to run ZFS and bhyve on them :)

Meanwhile, I am going to try netboot FreeBSD/amd64 and see how far I get.

TIA,
--
Bert Kiers, suspected terrorist
Love MS-Windows? Must be Stockholm syndrome.