List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: FreeBSD 11 sparc64 instability
From:       David Cross <dcrosstech () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-11-27 19:59:44

On 2016-11-21 22:11:45, Allan Jude wrote:
> Try running: uname -K and uname -U
>
> This will print the API versions of your kernel and userland. If they do
> not match, this is definitely the source of your issues.

Given at this point I was running GENERIC from install images pulled
down from ftp.freebsd.org, I would certainly hope they were in sync,
nevertheless, here's the output:

uname -K
1100122
uname -U
1100122

It seems this should be *trivial* for anyone to reproduce who has a
sparc64 machine.  Boot machine, load ipfw (standard caveats apply
here, you want console access), ipfw -a list, get error message.  If
you still have a 10.3 ipfw use that next.

the fsck test is a bit more involved to test, but I feel here people
are playing with fire... their systems will work perfectly until they
get a crash, and then their FS is toast.